Saturday, April 07, 2007

Kirsten Dunst..


First time I came to know Kirsten Dunst was when she played little vampire in Interview With The Vampire alongside Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise [I bet she never ever regret making this movie!]. Her teeth is funny looking in a way of a bunny teeth, hence the unforgettable feature. She's not this typical Pretty woman with the capital "P", but wholesome, we could actually found her attractive. Then is Kirsten on Little Women and Jumanji. Ah, those Laser disc heyday... I still owned a piece of that wide shiny disc of Asterix et Obelix et Cleopatre, the animated version...

Then it was her independent movies, Virgin Suicides and Drop Dead Gorgeous. Smart unimitable movies with lead roles who died after gas herself and her sisters, and the other one is about a wrecked beauty pageant which ending with the rival blown to death [how many movies have endings like that ??]. Then she went back to major studios in Bring It On and The Crow before landed on Spider-Man franchise. Not to mention her appearance on Savage Garden's music clip, I Knew I Loved You. So lovely a career this woman has !

She also has some mediocre-known movies like, The Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Wimbledon, and Elizabethtown. The latest one of her is Marie Antoinette. Oh, she also starred in ER series as a teen/child character that was close to Dr. Doug Ross, the ubersex George Clooney [I should've hated Kirsten ! Hate hate hate].

I don't actually know why I was such a big noticer of her. I cannot say I'm a fan, well, perhaps just a fan not biggest fan, because some of her performance were just standard and lifeless. She is just like Scarlet Johansson, in a way of they could only succeededly portray JUST one kind of character. Perhaps, the one that similar to their own in real life. In Indonesia I would dare to compare her to Dian Sastro. Kirsten and Dian could only bring out typical characters. In other word, stereotype. Quiet, smart, a bit cynical, nice, rather unfriendly but actually warm, independent, and strong minded.

Looking at news and pictures of her reminded me of how long I've been familiar with her name and movies. It is something I definitely cherish as Kirsten is developing herself as one of the legends of Hollywood. I mean, how many times in a lifetime that you could actually witnessed a legend being born?

Not forget to mention her individual sense of fashion that keeps her look chic and casual. I'm soo into casual nowadays although I know I could never fit. I just love those casual style of hers.

2 Comments:

Blogger kunderemp said...

small soldier...
nama Kirsten Dunst benar-benar melekat di kepalaku setelah Small Soldier.

2:05 AM  
Blogger misskania said...

Hmm.. iya juga sih tapi sayangnya gw bukan penggemar atau penikmat film2 tentara2an atau robot2an jadi yang keinget ya yang drama2an aja :)

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home