Tuesday, May 01, 2007

When Intelligence Collide With Intellectual

Apparently both of the above mentioned nouns were different in meaning and understanding. See, I just found out about that just recently, when I interviewed and job-tested about two dozen of people. You can look at a resume or cv of a person and being wow-ed or literally blown away by the knowledge or education they had. They could even scored high on complicated college or school subject. But, how, on my amazed and underwhelmed mind and soul, they could not score high based on my expectations? Some people even failed on the job interview, which comes first before the test. If you could never judge a book by its cover, then what about if the summary is great but the details are flawed and unflattering? Or even boring?

Overall, the experience in giving job test and interview has given me a solid mindset. It's about knowing and evaluating people by first interview. In my experience, I could defy a person just by looking at the way they walk toward the room, by the way they choose a seat and sit, by the way they smile at me, give questions or answer mine. Little things count. The more you try to hide your nervous-ness, trust me, it appear more boldly on your attitude. Just be natural.

I'm always fascinated by People Knowledge, about knowing and understanding people. I don't think it's necessarily psychology but I like to evaluate people and adjust the way I react around them.

Back to topic, so much about being smart and intellectual but not comprehended with intelligence. There's a lot of variant for intelligence and the most describable one is IQ and it involved primarily on self confident. If you are un-earth-ly smart but if you're not confident about yourself then... your IQ could not reflect your reality. So sad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home